What's a PathPing?
The PathPing tool is a route tracing tool that combines both features of Ping and Tracert.
PatPing sends packets to routers when attempting to connect to the destination server over a period of time. It then presents results based on the returning packets from each hop. Pathping then shows how much packet loss there is at each point so you can pinpoint which network point, or router is causing network disruption.
How-to run a PathPing.
- Press "Windows-Key + r" to pull up the run command. In the box type "cmd."
- Type "pathping YOURDOMAIN.COM" and hit enter. (Make sure to replace YOURDOMAIN.COM with your domain)
- Wait step. Let the pathping finish running. Make sure not to close the windows or interrupt the pathping until it is completed. (Below is a completed pathping)
- Next, Right-Click inside of the command line window using the Right Mouse button. This will cause a drop-down menu to appear on the screen.
- Left-click on the “Select All” option to select all the text in the command line window. Then, right-click on the highlighted text in the window to copy into memory (the clipboard) so you can paste it into a message to our staff.